This medical takes approximately 90 minutes and combines health screening with a lifestyle analysis function. Primarily aimed at patients under 40, the service offers patients a comprehensive medical report and personalised information regarding lifestyle choices.
The medical is split into two sections, the first is a consultation with one of our highly trained nursing team. This section lasts approximately 45 minutes and involves the following:
– Health review including: Height and weight measurements and calculation of body Mass Index (BMI), blood pressure check and heart rate check.
– Heart assessment (resting ECG).
– Urinalysis to check kidney function.
– Completion of lifestyle questionnaire and analysis of same to review diet and exercise regime and discuss options based on BMI and health check.
The second session which lasts 45 minutes is carried out by one of our General Practitioners. This involves:
– Analysis and explanation of tests completed.
– Advice on behavioural and lifestyle modification.
– Physical examination and discussion of results.
– Breast/testicular cancer risk awareness and advice.
A report and full interpretation is collated as standard and shall be posted to the patient within 7 working days of the consultation.